Home to Whiskey Creek

Home to Whiskey Creek - Brenda Novak This story deals with a tough and dark issue. It’s in the heroine’s past and doesn’t go into great detail, but is described and dealt with. I will try to give my thoughts without spoilers.Noah is a man who is still reeling from the death of his brother. He’s a player and has never had a serious relationship. He’s reached a point in his life where he looks into the mirror and doesn’t like what he sees. Noah falls for Adelaide, but is even in denial to his self at first. He doesn’t understand she would want to keep everything between them secret. The hard part is when not only does Noah have to deal with his own issues but those of his deceased brother, parents, and friends he realizes he never really knew. Adelaide has been through one of the most, if not THE most, traumatic events a woman (much less a teen) could survive. She has dealt with it in a remarkable way. Needless to say she has trouble with relationships and men in general. She has to come home to Whiskey Creek to help her grandmother. There would nothing else that could make her come back other than the woman who raised her after her bailed, yet again. Her first night in town the past breaks into her room and drops her down a mine shaft, to be rescued by the brother of one of her tormentors. Adelaide has always had a crush on Noah and apparently time or distance hasn’t changed that. Can either of them overcome the past to make anything lasting? I did really like the main story. It would've been a 4 star except I felt like there was too much going on. Not only Addy and Noah's story, but the Baxter issue just added too much. I almost needed a chart to keep the side character's straight.(I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.)