A Cold Creek Reunion (Harlequin Special Edition) - RaeAnne Thayne Laura is a woman who left town ten years ago because her fiancé couldn’t/wouldn’t let her in. He wouldn’t share his overwhelming grief over the murder of his parents. I did and didn’t like Laura. I could see postponing the wedding. But canceling and then leaving the country? Yes, she was young when she left. Now let’s jump to ten years later. She’s back in town after a tragedy in her life. Laura returns home to her mother along with her two children. She’s grown in some ways and not in others. I got aggravated with her continuing to call Taft out on being a player. Um, not for a while now and she was out of the country and married! I’m not saying the failure of the engagement wasn’t on both shoulders, just that she is the one who called it off and left. I did sympathize with Laura. Taft is the love of her life and she felt left and rejected even before she left. The things she has to deal with after her return to the States wasn’t easy and to deal with the past and past hurts didn’t help. Laura tries to avoid Taft at all costs. Needless to say that doesn’t work. She resists him and he keeps pursuing, until he figures there’s no hope. Taft is really a great guy that has been through hell in his life. His parents were murdered and he didn’t know how to deal with it other than to act tough and pretend it didn’t affect him. Of course that just ate him up from the inside out and changed who he was. In the end he lost Laura before he found himself again. Taft goes through ten years without her or commitment to anyone else. When Laura returns home and he runs into her again he’s poleaxed. It doesn’t take him long to realize he still loves her and has fallen for her children. He does everything he can to convince her that he will never hurt her again. He shares himself/his feelings and admits what he did wrong in the past. Taft can’t figure out how to convince Laura he isn’t really a player. He puts himself out there until he thinks it’ll never work. This is when tragedy strikes again forcing Laura to rethink her views and face the fact that she still does and always has loved Taft. The question is what she will do about it.This was a pretty good read. It’s a romance that’s paced a bit slow, but that wasn’t a bad thing in this case. I liked that there wasn’t someone in danger, being chased or on someone’s “hit list”. I would recommend this for anyone looking for a sweet romance or easy/relaxing read.