Mine To Hold

Mine to Hold - Cynthia Eden

I love when a series gets better with each book and the Mine series does just that. This is the third book in the series and it’s about Noah and Claire, they were introduced in the last book Mine To Keep. You don’t have to read the first two books to read this one, it can be read as a stand-alone.

Claire has basically been living in hell since the age of 16 when an obsessed lover attacked her and her family. After he was dealt with his father took on the role of tormentor whenever he could. With his influence he caused Claire to lose one job after the other and for her to be continuously on the move trying to stay ahead of him. Claire has reached the end of her ability to move on, both financially and mentally. She goes to see Noah York for help. All she wants is a job and a chance. He gives her the job, but he also gives her something that no one other than her sister has ever given her. Noah believes Claire about what happen 9 years ago. Claire doesn’t let men get close to her, she can’t stand to be touched; but somehow Noah is different and gets pasts these barriers of hers. Claire is a strong woman; she’s had to be to become the survivor she has. Don’t get me wrong she didn’t make it through life without damage. She’s distanced herself from others so far she seems a bit broken. At first I thought everything that happened to Claire was over the top, but as the story progressed I realized it was pretty believable. I could see how the father of her attacker would blame her. How, as a man with a lot of influence, he’d do everything he could to destroy Claire. Especially if he convinced himself that without her his precious son would never have done what he did. I also saw how it would drive Claire to do the one thing I’d like to believe I’d never attempt. It’s through the trust and strength of Noah that Claire learns to live and love again.

Noah was drawn to Claire from the first time he laid eyes on her and that’s a new thing for him. He doesn’t do relationships, heck he doesn’t do more than one night with a woman. He will do whatever it takes to make Claire his. I love Noah; he’s so very alpha and sexy. He’s had his own difficulties in his life and you’ll have to read to find out what they are. I won’t spoil it. Noah wants Claire, but he doesn’t want her to know about his dark past and what he’s capable of doing for fear it will push her away. It was when he finally opened up to her and she accepted him that he could deal with some of those issues.

The mystery of who is doing all the killing was very well done. I was left guessing to the end. I would jump from person to person and was surprised by every twist. On top of all that was the very hot and steamy sex, there was this intensity between them that was palpable.

The only thing I need to add/request is that I really hope that Drake gets his HEA next. I got to like him and know just enough about him to really want more of his story.

(I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.)